Thursday, May 14, 2009

Singapore


This is the new Orchid Road centre in Singapore.  My hotel is round the corner in Scotts Road.  This area is all shopping centres and hotels but that's fine for me at the moment because I'm into recovery mode.  

On the seven hour overnight flight from Dubai I passed out in the aisle and when I came round a large Russian woman was yelling at me and fighting the Singapore airlines cabin staff over where to put the blood pressure cuff on my limp wrist.  The combination of Dubai heat, Egypt belly and cabin pressure had got to me.  The up side was that I scored a row of seats to lie down for the rest of the trip.

So I spent yesterday in my hotel room sorting myself out although I did manage to cross the road to a shopping centre and have a manicure and pedicure.  Today I've ventured further afield and ordered myself two silk suits to be made up for me to pick up tomorrow afternoon before I fly out.  I've always wanted to do that in Singapore!  I also had a full body lymphatic massage and that made me feel great!

The other thing I did today was walk down to the Botanic gardens.  It's a lovely area at one end of Orchard Road and it has won several International awards as a great urban jungle.  I spent a few hours wandering through the ginger garden, the rainforest, and beside the lakes.

Tomorrow I'll go and get my hair cut after my late check out and before picking up my tailoring and hope that the flight to Brisbane will be gentle on me.



No comments: