Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hope for 2010


My first post for another year. It's now almost two years since I started the blog and looking back I am so glad that my niece, Sholeh, got me started. I now have a record of my travels in 2008/09 and as I settle back in Malta, I'll start documenting again my experiences day to day as well as putting up some summaries of packing up in Australia and shipping out to Malta via Cuba. The photo is of weathered rock in a fort we visited in Santiago de Chile.

I'm watching the red Round-the-Harbour launch come in through the gap in the breakwater from Sliema and now the big traditional luzzu that also does the trip. They are both crowded with tourists so there may be a cruise liner in. I have the computer set up at the living room window so I can watch the busy life of Grand Harbour. I love getting to know the moods of this small piece of the Mediterranean that can tell so much of the story of the lands that surround it. Every day, as the winds shift, the sea takes on a different colour. Today, the wind is from the South East and the sea is calm, rippled grey. Some high cloud gradually works its way across the sky and the wheeling pigeons flash white against it.

My shipment of the pared down remnants of my life will arrive here after 12th January. It will be strange to unpack all that memorabilia sorted and packed in another world, another life on the other side of the globe. In my next post I'll start telling the story of that process.


1 comment:

Observer said...

Hi Jo,
Pleased you're still blogging. It's so interesting to read. Check out mine on http://longline8.blogspot.com/ It's very different from yours, not a journal.
I was unable to complete the course this year because of family dramas and family illness. But will get back this year. Hopefully you still have my email address. Claire Wood