Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Starting out

This blog is about linking a new way of living my life with the sustainable strengths of the life I have created over 64 years.  Friends and family are my most sustainable strength and this blog will help me to link with you all while I am on the road.  

The paid work phase of my past life is no longer sustainable and I have set off on a year of travel from my home in Australia.  A new family is living in my house in Thorneside, Redlandshire and I am grateful that they enable me to put that part of my old life on hold while I set up temporary homes in other parts of the world.  Moving on from my home by the mangroves of Moreton Bay was hard because I love living there and I acknowledge the Quandamooka people of that area whose land I am privileged to share.

I am now two weeks into my travels and am staying with my sister in Hayward in California. Tomorrow I will post the story of the journey here and the wonders of living in this part of USA.  But for now I just want to see how my first post looks on my new blog!

3 comments:

Sholeh said...

See, you two aren't as technologically challenged as I thought, well at least you aren't. My mother might be a lost cause. Congratulations! I look forward to reading all about your travels.

Ghazal said...

Congratulations! I am glad you've started this blog and cant wait to read stories of your travels. I am sure you have a lot to say!

Celia said...

We are suitably impressed! Nice to see contemporary pictures of Jacky and Sholeh. The easy and immediate style with which you write suggests that blogging is a good medium for logging your travels and experiences. The end product - or will it be for ever a work in progress? - will be a great legacy for your younger relatives as well as being of interest to all of us now. (But what will she writes when she comes to Spring Cottage?!) See you soon. Love from Celia & Joyce.