Monday, July 21, 2008

Luxor


The three hour car trip along the desert road between Alexandria and Cairo started my trip to Luxor.  I have become intrigued by the bee-hive shaped bird roosts that many farms have on their roofs or free-standing in clusters in their courtyards.  I still haven't found out how they are used but Cairo airport was confusing and I was charged 20 Egyptian pounds for a small bottle of water that would cost less than 2 pounds on the street.  But EgyptAir were a good company to fly with for the one and a bit hour flight to Luxor.  They have recently joined the Star Alliance so it will be easier to make them part of travel arrangements.  They are also punctual and there is plenty of leg room.

I didn't realise this had been saved as a draft so will attach a photo and post to edit later.  Sorry - tried but didn't make it.

8th September.  Have added a photo of some of the carved hieroglyphics in one of the temples at Luxor.  We couldn't take photos in the tombs and I'll check the other Luxor post to see what I still need to add here.

No comments: