Thursday, July 17, 2008

Midway


The pace of the TEFL course is getting so intense that it is taking all my focus and everything else is dropping by the wayside.  The only exercise I am getting is carrying my heavy bags of books and laptop up and down the stairs to the school and to my apartment.  I also walk down the lanes to the supermarket or the bank or the travel agent.  But I'm not eating much and have cut out alcohol all together because it is frowned on here, so I am hoping that I am not putting on any weight.

As for my  blog, I can only find the right conditions every few days - a few minutes between school commitments when there is an ethernet connection available and I have a bit of energy left!  

After school today, I am getting picked up at 5.30 (I have brought my backpack in with me to class) to go up to the airport in Cairo and fly up to Luxor for two nights to go on a tour of sites.  I would have loved to go on a Nile cruise but the minimum requirement is four days and I need to get back for classes on Sunday.  So it will be a flying visit to the kings and queens.
Almost lost connection but managed to publish and am now editing but I had better publish this and prepare for my next class before I get stressed!

1 comment:

Sholeh said...

This sounds so amazing. It can always be very tricky trying to figure out other ways of life that are far different from your own but when you do figure it out it feels so empowering, like you've cracked some kind of code. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing all your pictures from Egypt.